Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 19th, 2008, 09:12 AM

Repair Windows XP

I've reached the part where you have to put 1, to choose the disk, but after that, a lonely c:/Windows: appears and lets me write. What should I do ?

Windows requires some repairs.

Can I use the option which I've to press enter ? "Install windows"?

Thanks!
Old January 19th, 2008, 09:27 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
if you are doing a repair install see this

If you are not doing a repair install, please give more specific details as to what you are trying to do.
Old January 19th, 2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
if you are doing a repair install see this

If you are not doing a repair install, please give more specific details as to what you are trying to do.
Thanks, I thought I had to use the R at the first place. I did how it says in there, and got through the whole installation of the Windows again, everything is back, I'll try to see if some of my problems were fixed. But I have a question : I see everything as if I were in secure mode ( already changed 800 x 600 to 1024 x 768) but it feels like it anyway, do have an idea why?

Thanks!
Old January 19th, 2008, 08:07 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Hi Panky,

You probably need to update your video adapter drivers. The latest drivers should be available for download at the video card manufacturer's website or, if onboard/integrated video, from the motherboard manufacturer's website. If this is an OEM computer (HP, Dell, Compaq, etc.), then check the computer manufacturer's website for recent drivers.