Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old February 18th, 2020, 10:08 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
We are unable to connect right now. Please check your network and try again later.

So, got this brand new XPS 8930 today with W10 Pro. Went through all the Windows setup stuff, now it won't take my username and password, can't get into the machine with the subject message.

What can I do?
Old February 19th, 2020, 01:12 PM

Can I go into BIOS and reset or restore back to factory upon exit and start over; will that reset the W10 stuff? I still cannot get in this thing.

As I was thinking last night, when I went through the W10 set up items, there was one that asked if I wanted a "Network" login or something to that effect, I may have toggled the wrong box.

Anyway, like I said it's brand spanking new, so whatever I do I don't need to back up anything.
Old February 19th, 2020, 04:21 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
If it's "brand spanking new", call whoever you got it from, telling them the situation, and let them help solve the problem/s.
Old February 19th, 2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufbra View Post
If it's "brand spanking new", call whoever you got it from, telling them the situation, and let them help solve the problem/s.
Great idea! I'm trying to stay off of the phone for countless hours.
Old February 20th, 2020, 01:26 PM

Hold the Shift key > restart took me to Restore Factory Settings which was fine since I never got into the machine. Downside is everything has to be updated afterwords.