Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old September 29th, 2015, 01:46 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
ESD Folder?what is it for

What does this folder do in Win 7 and is it needed as I am hoping to delete windows 7 and it contains a Reset button which I won't need.Can it go now?
I want to delete it now in order to create space and instal Windows 10
Old September 29th, 2015, 07:56 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
If you do and upgrade to Windows 8 you will not be able to reset it. If you have another drive I would make a backup of that folder and place on another drive, then delete it.

You obviously need a larger drive as shown in your other posts, why not have one just for storage that might clear up some space on the SSD.
Old September 29th, 2015, 10:27 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
If you do and upgrade to Windows 8 you will not be able to reset it. If you have another drive I would make a backup of that folder and place on another drive, then delete it.

You obviously need a larger drive as shown in your other posts, why not have one just for storage that might clear up some space on the SSD.
I do have another external removable drive with 79gb of space which is for just that purpose.I put everything I can think of on it ,which is why I posted this question,I want to migrate to windows 10,not 8.This being said can I delete this folder or move it to my removable drive?