Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old March 22nd, 2015, 09:30 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Okay, I think I'm just going to leave things alone. Except I did follow your advice about java. I've always been a little unsure about it; seems I'm always seeing something about it being insecure. So it's gone now anyway.
Thanks again, and thank you too, Murf.
Old March 22nd, 2015, 09:41 PM

Sounds like a plan.
Old June 9th, 2015, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
other PCI bridge device is a controller and part of the chipset drivers. Could be the problem:

Hard to find as your motherboard was used in Packer Bell, Emachines and a couple other computers.

There are many manufactures of this driver but I believe you may have a Geforce7050/610i (MCP73V) chipset.

Have you tried right clicking on the entry and UPDATE DRIVER, search internet

I haven't been able to find a driver for that motherboard, although I am also finding that a Video Card has a similar chipset.

Try going here:
http://www.emachines.com/ec/en/US/content/drivers

Plug in your model number and see if it has a chipset drivers, unusual as Windows 7 generally installs most drivers.
I found what was causing that "other PCI bridge device" error. It was a fax modem! Realized it wasn't working, took it out, and the "other PCI bridge device" error disappeared from Device Manager. Did you know a modem was a PCI Bridge Device?
Old June 9th, 2015, 03:52 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Fax/Modem what is that???/God been so long since I even saw one. Glad you sorted that out. As the modem was attached to one of the PCI slots then it would generate not working without the driver.
Old June 9th, 2015, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Fax/Modem what is that???/God been so long since I even saw one.
Oh, you would not believe how many businesses still require you to fax stuff to them instead of using email. It's unbelievable! Insurance companies... veterans' administration... It's like they think it's still 1975!!! Goobers!!!
Old June 9th, 2015, 02:11 PM

I still occasionally need to send a fax which I do through my HP AiO, but I do it locally - that is, not through my computer. Too many times have I see the "suite" of software that comes with these AiO printing devices really mess up (not to mention bog down) a computer so I never ever install the software - only the basic printer drivers. I just make sure I get network ready devices because typically they let you access the internal menu via your browser for scanning. If I need to fax a document, I print it out first, then manually fax it.

Veterans' Administration? Then thank you for your service!