Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old March 11th, 2015, 01:09 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Something with adaptec in it?

Let me caution you, we would never knock another forum, noticed your getting help in another forum, which is fine, but also notice they are having you run scans and not sure they are qualified to read or advise on those scans, they may well be. We have a very good dedicated malware removal forum here, and our advisor's are well trained.

I did read one of your scans over there and noticed it indicated that several unknown drivers are present, USB, which you did not indicated in this thread earlier, as if they are unknown there should of been a yellow mark next to them in Device Manager. These could be the problem with the two files showing up as the unknowns are USB controllers.

I ask again in your device manager do you see the Unknown devices?
Old March 11th, 2015, 01:23 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Well, that would make it easy, wouldn't it? But no.
Old March 11th, 2015, 01:33 AM

Quote:

Let me caution you, we would never knock another forum, noticed your getting help in another forum, which is fine, but also notice they are having you run scans and not sure they are qualified to read or advise on those scans, they may well be. We have a very good dedicated malware removal forum here, and our advisor's are well trained.

I did read one of your scans over there and noticed it indicated that several unknown drivers are present, USB, which you did not indicated in this thread earlier, as if they are unknown there should of been a yellow mark next to them in Device Manager. These could be the problem with the two files showing up as the unknowns are USB controllers.

I ask again in your device manager do you see the Unknown devices?
I don't recall you asking about that before, but there is one that's been there forever, called "other PCI bridge device." In the past, I've spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out what that was, with no luck.
But also, as I said before, disconnecting the USB hub that's in my monitor eliminated the excessive boot time that was my original reason for this thread. That's probably what those other unknown USB devices were.
Old March 11th, 2015, 02:10 AM

other PCI bridge device is a controller and part of the chipset drivers. Could be the problem:

Hard to find as your motherboard was used in Packer Bell, Emachines and a couple other computers.

There are many manufactures of this driver but I believe you may have a Geforce7050/610i (MCP73V) chipset.

Have you tried right clicking on the entry and UPDATE DRIVER, search internet

I haven't been able to find a driver for that motherboard, although I am also finding that a Video Card has a similar chipset.

Try going here:
http://www.emachines.com/ec/en/US/content/drivers

Plug in your model number and see if it has a chipset drivers, unusual as Windows 7 generally installs most drivers.
Old March 11th, 2015, 03:12 AM

Quote:
other PCI bridge device is a controller and part of the chipset drivers. Could be the problem:
Remember, that PCI bridge device has been showing to be a problem for many, many months and as far as I know it's not causing any problems; those two files on the desktop didn't show up until yesterday.
Quote:

Hard to find as your motherboard was used in Packer Bell, Emachines and a couple other computers.

There are many manufactures of this driver but I believe you may have a Geforce7050/610i (MCP73V) chipset.

Have you tried right clicking on the entry and UPDATE DRIVER, search internet
yes, it looked for about 10 minutes and then said it didn't find anything.
Quote:

I haven't been able to find a driver for that motherboard, although I am also finding that a Video Card has a similar chipset.

Try going here:
http://www.emachines.com/ec/en/US/content/drivers

Plug in your model number and see if it has a chipset drivers, unusual as Windows 7 generally installs most drivers.
There is a chipset driver; it's a pretty big download. What's the possible downside to downloading it?
Old March 11th, 2015, 04:21 AM

Well if the Bridge driver has been like that for months, and the two files just showed up then probably not the problem. Have you deleted the files and see if they come back?

If you right click on the file and select Properties, does it show where it resides??
Old March 11th, 2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Well if the Bridge driver has been like that for months, and the two files just showed up then probably not the problem. Have you deleted the files and see if they come back?
No, but I think I'm about ready to do that.
Quote:

If you right click on the file and select Properties, does it show where it resides??
Just says on the desktop.

Incidentally, I have a disk for restoring the applications and drivers for the pc and when I tried to update the driver in Device Manager by telling it to look on that disk, it didn't find a driver. This PCI bridge device just seems really weird.
Old March 11th, 2015, 06:45 PM

Yes it is. PCI Bridge is a chipset driver and is usually bundled in a package, try this one, if it doesn't apply it will tell you during the installation.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-N...load-2489.html

Scroll down towards the bottom and select a location to download try the mirror location. It's a execution file, when installing pay attention to what it is installing and a lot of these try to install other crap, but usually you get an option by hitting SKIP or Decline.
Old March 11th, 2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Yes it is. PCI Bridge is a chipset driver and is usually bundled in a package, try this one, if it doesn't apply it will tell you during the installation.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-N...load-2489.html

Scroll down towards the bottom and select a location to download try the mirror location. It's a execution file, when installing pay attention to what it is installing and a lot of these try to install other crap, but usually you get an option by hitting SKIP or Decline.
What are possible downsides to installing this? If for some reason it doesn't work, how can I go back to what I had before?
Old March 11th, 2015, 11:19 PM

Try Windows update first:

Start > Search type Update > click Windows Update

Left Pane Check for Updates

See if it finds anything in Optional

When you install a driver that is not the right one it generally comes up and tells you that it is not applicable then you cancel.
Old March 12th, 2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Try Windows update first:

Start > Search type Update > click Windows Update

Left Pane Check for Updates

See if it finds anything in Optional
Nope, nothing there.
The reason I was asking about if it doesn't work is that normally if a driver doesn't work, as a worst case you can just uninstall & reinstall the device in Device Manager. But since this is the MB chipset, would the pc even work at all?
Old March 13th, 2015, 05:44 AM

There is a remote possibility that you would have to use the Windows DVD to do a start up repair, you just never know. So if the system is running good, I would just leave it alone.

Did you delete the files and did they come back?
Old March 13th, 2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
There is a remote possibility that you would have to use the Windows DVD to do a start up repair, you just never know. So if the system is running good, I would just leave it alone.
yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Quote:

Did you delete the files and did they come back?
I did delete them and so far they haven't returned.

One thing I'm very curious about as far as this PCI Bridge device: It was in this state (yellow triangle) even before I reinstalled Windows. Seems like that would indicate a BIOS or hardware problem, wouldn't you agree?
Old March 13th, 2015, 07:04 PM

Well I did find your manual, I'm pretty sure this is it: Too large to post here. Please email me at murf@cybertechhelp.com and I will send it.

Also lets make sure you video driver is up-to-date, as you indicated you have the Geforce 210 here are the current drivers:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

That is if you have a separate video card and not using the on-board video? This could solve the PCI Bridge problem.
Old March 14th, 2015, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Well I did find your manual, I'm pretty sure this is it: Too large to post here. Please email me at murf@cybertechhelp.com and I will send it.
I have the manual for my pc; why were you looking for that?
Quote:

Also lets make sure you video driver is up-to-date, as you indicated you have the Geforce 210 here are the current drivers:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

That is if you have a separate video card and not using the on-board video? This could solve the PCI Bridge problem.
It is a separate video card but that site doesn't work: it doesn't list my card so I tried the link that says,"Let us detect your GPU etc" and it says I need Java. Problem is I already have Java. So I let it install Java again and it still says I need Java. I tried doing this several months ago, and I tried it again just now with the same result. Tried it with both Chrome and FF.