Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old November 12th, 2012, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Here,s the mini tool log. Everything is working well now.
You asked of any current issues. See above.

I do indeed know what i am doing how does someone solve an issue when they do not know how?

I do know about autoruns and when I see something that concerns me In the autoruns then I advise on it.

I see why you do not have that many active threads this forum is struggling and you sir are a part of that.
Old November 12th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Nary a clue what you are going on about. So nothing in gwilym's Autoruns was an issue (and I apologize gwilym, for referring to you in the third party in your own thread)?
Old November 12th, 2012, 01:31 AM

Yes there were issues but that is why I suggested ad-ware cleaner + junkware removal tool. Which surely took care of the issues.
Issues below.

Price gong
conduit
Wajam
Avg
Speed it up
Old November 12th, 2012, 01:47 AM

Ah, very good, except the legit antivirus program. So it is better to not run the normal uninstallers, and instead run tools to remove them?

Quote:
Which surely took care of the issues.
How do you know that? Of course you don't, nor know why it is almost always best to run the available uninstallers first. And have folks potentially trash their Winsock with a reset, always have them replace clean Hosts files, and then just kinda slash and burn your way using fixes you read in other threads. Again:

1 - If you suggest any malware/adware removal scans, I assume you think the system has infection. Those requests will instead need to be referred to the CTH malware Removal Forum, where those trained and approved for that will provide assistance.

2 - If you suggest bad ideas like that Fixit, or especially all those incorrect changes with that hodge-podge All in one Repair Tool, I'll delete the post. 2nd time, temp ban.

Either know what you are doing, and provide specific repairs for specific problems, or take time to learn before you present yourself as someone who knows, and can help.

gwilym, what problems are you currently experiencing please?
Old November 12th, 2012, 01:50 AM

Gwilym has no issues I solved them.

I gathered all info on my own nothing is copied from any thrread How is it so hard for you to understand that I know What I am doing?
Old November 12th, 2012, 03:17 AM

Mastersplinter, I deleted your last two unhelpful posts, and suggest you not post in this thread anymore. Please - take note.

gwilym, what problems are you currently experiencing please?
Old November 12th, 2012, 01:56 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Much better now.

Well Jintan things are running well now. My main problem was java not working and the comp. was a bit slow. Java came back on at some point during the process and the comp has speeded up . It seem to speed up after downloading Google Chrome the link Mastersplinter gave for Avast also downloaded Chrome.
I was a bit surprised being told to delete Restore points before we,d finished.
Can I ask is it a good move to have Ccleaner programed to run on startup and is it right to disable all startups exept avast and Ccleaner.
I,m sure Masersplinter was trying to help and had no malicious intent. It worked for me but if you think the way he operates in not correct I have to bow to your expertise.
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:54 AM

CCleaner, even though it now leaves your "pernicious" cookies alone (those that often keep you regularly logged in), removes things like browser history and other cookies, which can be a setback when using your browser. Running it about once a week should be fine.
Old November 13th, 2012, 03:25 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
If you do any on-line banking, cCleaner will remove those cookies, unless you tell it to leave cookies alone.
Old November 13th, 2012, 01:00 PM

startups

Thanks, I think I,ll just run Ccleaner manualy now and again. Just one more thing is it o k to dissable all startups exept Avast it,s been like that for a couple of days with no problems.
Old November 14th, 2012, 01:00 AM

Hmmm, not having symptoms does not mean something is not working right. You cannot know how a startup interacts with other programs, services and the system, so really questionable just up and disabling them all. And if you feel they should be disabled, then perhaps the program itself should be uninstalled. Most really have little effect on boot time to chance just disabling at random.
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:09 AM

startups

I did have a lot of stuff in startups/ I was told by Mastersplinter to disable them.
If had to select which to keep I,d find it hard to know what they all are.
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:39 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Time consumning but if you can post what is starting up we can advise.
Old November 14th, 2012, 11:59 PM

thanks

well murf I tried all ways to copy the startups cant be done. I,ll work it out another time just dissabling things I recognise for now.
Anyway I,d like to thank everybody concerned in sorting out my problems.
I might be cheeky and start another thread with our other laptop which has so many issuse you wouldent belive. I,ve followed other threads and run every tool I came accross and it,s still a mess.
Thanks again brilliant as always.