Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:59 PM

Can you tell me which post number it is? So, far there are 135 posts just on this thread.
Old August 14th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Malware Removal Team Advisor

Not offhand. Sorry.
Old August 14th, 2011, 10:08 PM

Don't blame you. I'll look tomorrow.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:01 PM

I had a chat with a computer retail salesman, who also does repairs. He says, like the other retailer I spoke to, that I only need to save on the 3 DVD's the system once a year. These are labelled as "Recovery" discs and he says that they don't save any Windows 7 updates. They only restore the system back to where it was when it left the manufacturer, minus updates. In which case, he argues, why would I want to burn Recovery discs more than once a year? Can you please explain this confusion. You said I need to burn DVD backups far more regularly, but was this in reference to something else?
Old August 22nd, 2011, 05:21 PM

Go back and find the post where I gave you a link to the Manufacturer's site. They described the Recovery software and what it does. There is the function to burn factory restore disks, and then is another function to burn a system image of the current state.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 07:09 PM

So you're talking about "another function to burn a system image" are you? Not the one I was told about? And is this the one that needs to be "regularly" updated by burning onto DVD blank discs? I believe you assume that because I've gone a little bit forward, I know the difference.

The other thing. There are now 140 posts on this topic. To read them all, presuming that I don't miss the right post, will take quite some time. It will be far easier for me to search google for the required information. But what do I type in the google search box to find out more?
Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:42 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
http://www.googleguide.com/
Old August 22nd, 2011, 11:03 PM

cdave,

I am sorry, but these questions have all been answered by me repeatedly. Either use Google as AnnMarie postedijn response to you, or go to nearly the top of this page underneath the Post Reply button and click on

Search This topic

Type eRecovery in the search box. You'll find what you need.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:31 AM

Sorry for asking the question. I'm beginning to think now that perhaps you and the two retailers I've spoken to are referring to two different recovery options or systems. Perhaps one is related to the Acer recovery system (which seems to be what they're referring to) and the other is to a separate Windows 7 related recovery system. If you're all referring to the same one, we've got a problem.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 01:25 PM
CTH Subscriber

cdave, perhaps these retailers you are speaking to should take a bit of time and read the manuals that accompany the product.

You have had weeks of help from Mo without her complaining even though she is trying to assist others that have more pressing issues than yours.

A little self help goes a long way. Think about it.
Old August 24th, 2011, 10:10 AM

I do appreciate the help I've been given. But I don't know how many other people she has to deal with, or what her role in your organization is, so it's not really fair putting that to me now as a criticism. I know which button to press for the tasks I have to do on a daily basis and that's all. In fact, most PC users are exactly like this, so I'm in the mainstream. This is why I might be repeating questions that you may think are "unnecessary." But the fact is that I'm getting on this specific query contradictory advice from three people (two experienced retailers versus your own person) and I'm stuck in the middle with no clue which way to turn. In this situation, I feel fully warranted in pressing her to try to iron out what's going on. Not posting to you for fear that I will appear as "ignorant" is really a stupid option that's doing myself no favors at all. If this situation stretches the patience of your people, I'm sorry but that's a risk I'll have to take rather than assume that ignorance is bliss and so you assume all's okay. Hope you appreciate this and thanks.

Last edited by cdave; August 24th, 2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old August 24th, 2011, 09:03 PM

cdave,
Quote:
I feel fully warranted in pressing her to try to iron out what's going on.
I have repeatedly given you these expanations. I gave you a link to the eRecovery page by Acer as well. There is a difference between creating a factory restore disk and a current image of the drive.

We are alll volunteers here. If you ran that search of this thread and found all the posts re: eRecovery, you would have found what you needed.

It's nobody's responsibility to keep track of the information but yours. If you don't click the links, read the information given to you by myself and that ACER page, then you reallly can't expect anyone to do it for you. I have told you several times to go through this long thread and make notes. But if you refuse, I am not able to do anything about that.

AnnMarie was merely pointing out the facts. Again, if you do nothing with the information given to you, that 's your issue.

Mosaic1
Old August 30th, 2011, 04:49 PM

Final post

I've only just read your post. And I do object to the aggressive tone of it. Don't forget that I am nearly a beginner and you will find, as you go along, that many posters ask "stupid" questions, or "already answered" (when I wasn't looking), or go on for "too long" about something, in your personal opinion. This is usually because they don't fully understand the answer and are prepared to persevere, even when it annoys you. They are not doing it to make life hard for you. This is a pain to me as well, having to spend this amount of time on one subject. I hope you remember this, and reflect on it, next time you consider you have an "awkward" case on your hands!

Last edited by cdave; August 30th, 2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old August 30th, 2011, 09:49 PM
CTH Subscriber

cdave, Mosaic1 has been volunteering her time and helping people online out the goodness of her heart for more than ten years. She is held in very high regard by those of us who have worked alongside her and those she has helped over the years and not once have I ever seen her get "aggressive" with anyone nor is she doing so now. She is simply pointing out that she has answered all your questions in this topic and if you have forgotten what she said, all you have to do is to search the topic to get the answers. She even explained how to do this.

I think this topic has run it's course and I'm closing it.
Closed Topic