Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old February 21st, 2011, 01:44 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Linux with vista

Hi
I have recently received a Ubuntu CD (Linux) and I want to install it but not on a virtual machine, the problem is that I only have one hard disk and I don't know if its OK to to install vista and Linux on the same disk, can anyone help me please.
Thanks anyway
Old February 21st, 2011, 09:28 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
it is okay as long as you are careful how you install it. make sure you install it beside vista and not over it.

You can install it within windows and not be virtual. Just makes it easier to uninstall or you can install it by itself.

see the following for step by step instructions

http://seogadget.co.uk/the-ubuntu-installation-guide/

one thing, be sure to back up anything you cannot afford to lose in windows just in case.