Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:57 AM

Thank you so much for your time and expertise.

I found the Vista Rescue disks from when I got the machine and will use them to do, I'm not sure what since the machine now has Windows 7 upgrade on it.

If I format the disk, I will be starting with a clean slate, so to speak, and I hope the Vista Rescue Disks work on a blank formatted HD.

Duly noted on the Registry cleaners.
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:24 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
You are welcome and see here for more help. You dont have to reformat first when you use the Recovery disks.

Quote:
The HP Recovery Manager restores the PC to the original licensed operating system. If the operating system was upgraded to Windows Vista from XP, use the recovery discs to restore the PC back to its original XP factory settings. After the PC is restored to its original condition, it can be upgraded to Vista once again.
The same will apply to a Vista to Win7 upgrade.
Old May 8th, 2010, 04:51 AM

Well, I bit the bullet and did a clean install of 7 Ultimate. I spent the day reinstalling the important stuff and now I don't have the HP crapware that came with Vista and what I do have, works.
Thanks for your time, help and support.
Old May 8th, 2010, 05:50 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
That's good news and thanks for the update.
Old August 1st, 2012, 09:11 PM

Had the same problem on my HP with Win7. Worked on different solutions, fixes, repairs just as you did. No luck. Was about to do the recovery, but did not want to reinstall all of my programs etc. Windows Live Mail would not work and that was my main email program. As you learned the early .Net versions cannot be removed and reinstalled and .Net 4 did not help and 3.5 would not run. My system has 2 folders with the .Net files. One in Program and one in Program (x86). I renamed the one in program files and copied the one from (x86) into Program. It worked and my system was usable again. Andy