Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old March 21st, 2010, 04:15 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
USB port no longer work after new driver install =(

Hey everyone

Ok so I tried to install drivers to get my PS3 controller to work via usb on my vista pc, as soon as the setup finished for these driver they stopped working and i of course done the usual trick of rebooting, but no I have no keyboard / mouse to get into windows to reset things or uninstall these stupid drivers!

Can anyone help me out here please?

P.S ill stop being a tight ass and go out and get a "proper" controller for my PC when i have sort this

Many Thanks
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:08 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
you should still have keyboard at startup. Try going into safemode and do a system restore to a previously saved restore point prior to the driver update. If that does not work and if you have a vista dvd, you can do a startup repair. If you do not have a vista dvd, then see http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/downlo...recovery-disc/
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:11 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Hey renegade600

Thanks for the advice system restore worked a treat (why didnt i think of that lol) was defo the PS3 controller drives as when i uninstalled the drivers all USB stopped working again but its ok after about a minute they all came back on.

Cheers dude!!!!
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:25 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ELMO# View Post
Hey renegade600

Thanks for the advice system restore worked a treat (why didnt i think of that lol) was defo the PS3 controller drives as when i uninstalled the drivers all USB stopped working again but its ok after about a minute they all came back on.

Cheers dude!!!!
glad they are working now and thanks for letting us know