Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old July 13th, 2013, 02:38 AM

Nee help with failed boot and repair attempts.

Hey guys, I am having some serious issues, my PC will not boot, I have windows 7. When I try to start it it just freezes at the "Starting windows" screen, I have tried to run the repair 18 times with no resolutions, I keep getting the error message that the issue could not be fixed. I have a spare (not the original) windows 7 CD and 8 if need be. What should I do? I do NOT want to loose 8 years of data.....
Thank you in advance.
Old July 13th, 2013, 02:47 AM

Looks like it finally started after 30 minutes, real slow and sluggish, any ideas on what I could do?
Old July 13th, 2013, 01:57 PM
CTH Subscriber

Post your system specs.

I would also start checking hardware, starting with memory and hard disk.

Run chkdsk /r from a command window.
run memtest86 to check ram.