Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old December 19th, 2010, 08:33 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Question Vista Problem

I woke up today to my computer requesting my Window Product Key, in the lower right hand corner it now states: Windows Vista (TM), Build 6002, This copy of Windows is not genuine. I bought my eMachines like three or four years ago with Window Vista Home Premium pre-installed I have never had a problem but anyway after some complaining on my part I found a sticker on the back of the computer that had the product key but when I tried to use that code it told me it was wrong? I don't understand why it would ask for this now and I've never had a problem and I put the product key in and it wont accept it could this be some sort of trick from a virus, maleware or something to get my product key? AVG says I'm clear so I don't know?
Old December 20th, 2010, 01:38 AM

No one has a clue I take it?
Old December 20th, 2010, 02:49 AM

OK since no one had the time to help me I had all day to work on this. Here is what happened, used a utility program to delete items from task scheduler this in turn caused my problem. All I had to do was enter the product code and that's it. The problem the first time was I wasn't wearing eyeglasses or using a flashlight to read the product key off the back of the computer, lol. Well thanks anyway!!
Old December 20th, 2010, 03:22 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Hi SavageBeast - just coming on line and saw your post - glad that you found an quick & easy solution!

Those DAMN long hex numbers (like product codes, MAC numbers, etc.) are a PITA to get right - believe that we've all been through that process!
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:17 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
See you didn't need help you fixed it, sorry no one came around