Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 28th, 2010, 04:30 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Question Vista to XP

I've been using Vista for two years now or so. My opinion: I've gone back to the XP operating system. My problem: XP doesn't recognize my Vista Contacts file info. how can this if at all be made possible. I thought XP had a Contacts file?
Old August 28th, 2010, 03:01 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Well, I cannot speak from personal experience regarding performing this transfer but keep in mind that XP uses 'Outlook Express' as its mail program and Vista uses 'Windows Mail' an updated version of Outlook Express - I'm assuming that the latter is the program you are using on your XP machine?

Unfortunately as w/ many of these Microsoft upgrades functions and file associations change so that 'easy' transfer of items such as contacts is much more complicated; if you have not backed up and/or exported your contacts (using the Vista mail program), then they might be lost - as an example, take a look at the process HERE for 'exporting' and then 'importing' XP to Vista contacts when migrating from Outlook Express to Windows Mail; a similar process is likely true when going in the other direction.

Hope that you find a solution or were using another program? Good luck -