Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:20 PM

Problems watching video online

i seem to have a new problem whenever i am watching video online i go into power save and my computer locks up i have to restart sometimes it doesnt want to restart
Old September 1st, 2009, 10:09 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Are you on a laptop? If so are you running on Battery mode? (You can change the power options through Vista settings, and Powersaver always happens with idling unless you change settings
Old September 5th, 2009, 05:15 PM

i am on a pc inspiron 531 running vista
Old September 6th, 2009, 08:07 PM

Check your power options, Vista comes with some presets
Old September 7th, 2009, 12:46 AM

now i can not watch video of any kind and every download is very slow i have run hyjack this but do not know what to keep or delete can someone help me
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:50 AM
CTH Subscriber

Hi flattout. Manipulating your startups is not likely to resolve this issue. I had a look on the Dell site and quite a few people are reporting similar problems. The fixes range from replacing the monitor to upgrading the video card.

Do you have another monitor you could plug in or can you borrow one? If so, try it and let us know if this helped. If that doesnt help, you could try updating your video card driver from the Dell site. Link here.
Old September 7th, 2009, 10:40 PM

i checked my drivers dell said they were up to date my monitor is less than 2 years old it is a new flat screen that came with my new computer i can watch videos on real player just fine but i can not watch streaming videos from hulu they skip real bad when i went to a subway game site i got a anti virus spam popup and had to shut down to get rid of it could that be my problem and how do i get rid of it since my scans are not helping
Old September 7th, 2009, 11:05 PM
CTH Subscriber

So your monitor is not going into powersave anymore? If you are only having problems viewing videos online, you need to talk to your ISP to make sure the problem is not at their end.

Quote:
when i went to a subway game site i got a anti virus spam popup and had to shut down to get rid of it
If it just happened once, I wouldnt worry about it. Lot's of sites have popups and not all are malicious. If you get any more popups (especially when you are not online), post a new topic in our Malware Removal Forum and describe your symptoms in as much detail as possible.
Old September 8th, 2009, 04:10 AM

i am not watching streaming video because of the slow problem so it has only gone into powersave once and that was when i was doing several things at once
thanks for your help i will try malwareremoval forum