Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old January 6th, 2015, 06:36 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Angry User Profile Error

the laptop has two user accounts.. one is an administrator account and the other is a guest... tried to log into the administrator account and it failed to load...
How do I fix so can log into the computer and fix?

this is a little Acer Aspire Netbook with Windows 7 ultimate

thanks
Barbara
Old January 6th, 2015, 04:31 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
If a user profile is corrupted or can't be read Windows will normally create a temporary profile and log you in with that. If you are returning to the logon box after trying to logon I would suggest two possibilites:-

1. A key on your keyboard is not working correctly - try typing in your password slowly while ensuring one dot per key registers in the login box.

2.Someone has changed your password - I would be extremely cautious if this is the case. It is possible that a trojan has been placed in your system and someone may have full access to your computer when it is connected to the internet.

To fix the problem if your password has been changed would require benign hacking but, as pointed out by MURF in a recent thread, It is not the policy of CTH to provide information to do this.

Last edited by ninjaken; January 6th, 2015 at 06:44 PM.