Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old October 6th, 2009, 01:10 AM

Please! I need help.

When ever I open or download a game the game opens fine but I just cant see it. I can hear the background music, but the screen is sometimes black, white or is black with wavy white lines. It is always distorted. This even happens on chat rooms and things so I can't use them or use any games. Does anyone know why this is happening or what I can do to fix it?
Old October 6th, 2009, 11:04 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Hey TowerDRK

The first thing i would say to do is to make sure all drivers are upto date.

Secondly, could you post up your full system spec and list the games you are having trouble with? this will aid people alot in trying to solve your issue

Thanks

#ELMO#
Old October 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM

How do I check if they are up to date? I'm pretty much computer illiterate when it comes to things like this.
Old October 6th, 2009, 05:17 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
OK, Basically you need to go to the manufacture of your components website to get the latest driver

If your not too sure on what components you have download install and run Everest home edition (its free) great little tool which will tell you what exactly you have in your computer.

http://www.cybertechhelp.com/downloa...t-home-edition

Personally I would just update my Graphics card too see if that rules out the problems as you are seeing graphical glitches etc

What graphics card do you have nvidia 8600 gt, ati radeon x1600.... and were are you from UK/USA etc. i can find you the driver if you like then

ELMO
Old October 7th, 2009, 12:30 AM

I'm from the states. A couple days ago I downloaded that nvidia thing and that didnt help at all. I'm sure its my graphics card, how do I update that?
Old October 10th, 2009, 09:30 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Tower, If you have Vista, to check your graphics properties, you can right click on the desktop background (Not on icons) then go to Personalize, or Graphics Properties if available. If going through personalization you should see a screen with the name of your card. My example is:
Generic PNP monitor on Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset.

Near the bottom right should be a button [Advanced Settings] Click it
You will be taken to a screen that shows more information about the graphics card, and you should be able to see a box with a button labeled with the windows shield and Properties. Click that button. If you have the UAC enabled the UAC will pop up with a confirm action message. You want to continue. In the new window you see Adaptor properties.
General
[Driver] <- (You want this tab)

This tab will give you driver information, including Version:

my version is 7.14.10.1147 (This is with the newest driver, 7.15, but the card won't take the .15)
Old October 11th, 2009, 01:33 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
tell a little about your computer, cpu, ram, video card, operating system? Also give an example of a game you are trying to play.