Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old August 31st, 2009, 03:38 PM

please help

hi...i am after a new pc, because mine is old and more aless dead...seen this pc on ebay an wondered what you guys think...i want it for the net and also to play the latest games...Thank You

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:35 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
In regards to your searching for a computer that will play the "latest games" I would give that system a 5 on a scale from 1 to 10.

First of all, the sellers claim that you're getting a cpu that runs at 5 GHz is completely false. Just because the dual core cpu has two cpus running at 2.5 GHz each does not give you 5 GHz total. That's false advertising.

Secondly, the 9500gt is not a gpu that will be able to play the "latest" games very well, if at all. It should be able to handle some games but nothing too graphically intense. Crysis is out of the question, Left 4 Dead may play relatively ok at lower resolutions, and WOW would most likely run fine(not completely sure since I don't play it). If you want to play all the latest games at playable frame rates I would recommend at least a GTX275.

And lastly, I am always wary of sellers that advertise using "branded memory" or "only the best branded SATA II Hard Drives" rather than telling you exactly what they use. You never know what you're gonna get and its most likely NOT the best brands but the cheapest they could find.

I wouldn't buy it.
Old September 10th, 2009, 10:53 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Unclejune is right on the money, plus I should mention, while he's pointing at some details, he's missed the whole. Websites that offer auctions or merchandise for classifieds is a buyer beware zone, because most are as-is and you need to read all the print. Personally, for gaming, if you are going to get a decent system, you should build it yourself, or customize a retail model (Dell, HP, Compaq, and Acer I believe all have that web feature on their website) Or you can go to Alienware.com they are the leaders in gaming computer builds, both with desktop and laptop applications.