Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old December 2nd, 2007, 07:06 AM

please help!!! vid card computer prob

I am at a loss with what to do with my computer. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works. I play World of Warcraft and cannot seem to get my computer to work properly. My old video card is and Nvidea GeForce 6500 (256 mb). I have had no problems with this card until I got to the expansion part of WOW. Since then I would be playing and for no reason I lost graphics. Buildings disappear, the ground, walls etc.. I have to completely log out of the game to get them back and sometimes I have to restart my computer. I lowered my video settings, but that didn’t help. I downloaded the latest drivers and that did not help either. I bought a new video card, VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (512 mb). I have not lost graphics, but I do get a whole different problem. My computer began to reset on me. I turned off the resetting on error and I got the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 000000x50.
I keep getting this error. I thought it had something to do with me running Ventrilo at the same time so I didn’t load it and my computer still gave me the blue screen. I tried uninstalling Ventrilo and got the same problem. I deleted all my drivers for the video card and re installed, I did this for each one. I got rid of all my old drivers for the GeForce when I installed the new video card. I have updated all my drivers for my mother board, ran Norton and AVG with nothing detected. Here are the specs that I have with my old video card.
Mother board: Asus P5WD2 Premium

SYSTEM TAB
Processor: Intel Pent 4 CPU 3.00 GHZ (2CPUs)
Mem: 1024 MB Ram
Directx: 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DISPLAY TAB
Name: Nvidea Geforce 6500
Version: 6.14.0011.6375
Date: 10/4/07
DDI version: 9 (or higher)

I bought another new video card in hopes that it might fix my problem. I bought a NVIDIA e-GeForce 8500 GT. 512mb DDR2. When I installed it, my game play was ok for about 20 minutes and then my screen froze except for my character that was jittering back and forth. There was also a black triangle on my screen. I hit alt-tab to get to my desktop which had really messed up colors. Then my screen went black and my monitor said “no signal found”. This has happened repeatedly now.
I researched what I could on the internet and followed some suggestions. I have exhausted every possibility that I can think of and I really hope you can help me. Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 07:57 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Hi Terra220 and welcome to CTH!

This sounds like overheating to me, and since thats the easy one to rule out, lets start there. Do you have any case fans? Is everything free of dust? Is your room an oven?

If you have no fans, everything IS free of dust and your room is not 400 degrees try removing the side of the case and placing a normal desktop fan about 2 feet away from your computer and set it on high. Try playing like this, do you still get errors?

Good Luck.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 06:07 AM

Hi overkill,
I am dust free and have two fans internally in addition to the one on my vid card. My side has also been open all day and it is really cold in here! I am thinking maybe memory issues? I figure I can pretty much rule out vid cards cause I have had problems with all three. What do you think? Thank you for your reply.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 01:53 PM
CTH Subscriber

When you installed the new video card, did you install new drivers? And recent ones from the manufacturer's website, not from the cd?

Page fault does not always refer to bad ram. It can also mean bad drivers. If you had an ATI card then installed an Nvidia card, did you remove the ATI drivers before installing the Nvidia drivers?

btw, your post is now in Hardware as Gaming is for game problems not hardware problems.
Old September 1st, 2009, 10:04 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 000000x50
These are usually hardware errors tossed out, if you get some more still, maybe try another hard drive, or watch out for the CPU/Main board