Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old September 16th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Malware Removal Team Advisor

Linking Facebook to email Warning

Linking facebook to your email account can result in your email account being used to send spam to everyone on your contacts list.
In the recent cases, the spam tries to get people to a site to buy pills.

Be careful what you click on at Social Networking sites. The only person with access to your email account should be you. Your password and contacts should be kept private.
Old October 11th, 2010, 01:57 PM

Yes they should!!

Its amazing how many people are willing to "Share thier contacts" with facebook,etc.....

Quite disturbing........
Old October 22nd, 2010, 01:18 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
...Wow, that's really ****ing interesting, since you cannot make a Facebook account without using an e-mil address!

=\
Old November 22nd, 2010, 04:33 PM

No but using a throw away acct from something like: www.trash-mail.com is always a start
Old December 20th, 2012, 04:27 PM

Hi there,

I would suggest setting up a dummy email address (like The Dude suggested), and use it only when you have to. With facebook, and such sites where email is required for creating an account, you only need it once. I have one dummy email address and only access it through proxy, so hackers/cyber-stalkers can not find me by tracking my email address IP and linking it to my personal information. The most secure way to access that email is to check anonymity with proxy test, as some (usually the free) proxies do not hide your identity fully. They will inform the mail server that you are indeed using a proxy and will reject your request. You want to choose a secure one that hides your identity as well as the fact that you are using a proxy.

Hope this helps,
And if you think of a better way around this, let me know.
Old March 27th, 2019, 10:24 AM

Great Info, many thanks for sharing this. Keep sharing like this.
Closed Topic