Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old December 21st, 2006, 05:51 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
InfoLister - lists all your extensions with one click - you can then save or paste the list to forums etc etc.
example:
*** Extensions (enabled: 20, disabled: 0; total: 20)
Adblock Plus 0.7.2.3
Back to Top 3.2.0
del.icio.us 1.2
deskCut 0.5.0.5
DOM Inspector 1.8.0.9
Fasterfox 2.0.0
Firefox Extension Backup Extension (FEBE) 4.0.4
FirefoxView 0.31.2.1
Greasemonkey 0.6.6.20061017.0
IE View 1.3.1
Image Zoom 0.2.7
ImageShack® Toolbar 1.0.0.27
InfoLister 0.9f
Linkification 1.3.0
McAfee SiteAdvisor 25.0
PlainOldFavorites 0.5.6
Smiley Xtra 4.1.0
StumbleUpon 2.89
Talkback 1.5.0.9
TinyUrl Creator 1.0.3
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:08 AM

I have( for All-im-One-Gestures)

up:open new tab
down:new window

but everyone has his/her preference
Old January 5th, 2007, 10:05 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Flashgot
Chatzilla
IE Tab
DOM Inspector
Flash & Java
Old January 5th, 2007, 11:42 AM

FireFTP
Web Developer 1.0.2
Adblock Plus
Fasterfox
Total Validator
Old January 21st, 2007, 06:30 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Here's one that looks very interesting, basically for researchers, called Zotero. You must have Firefox 2.0, it won't work with lower versions of Firefox. It looks like a good way to do very tight, very useful organization.

http://www.zotero.org/
Old March 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
was adding addon/extensions to my linux version of firefox and found one called PermaTabs. It will lock tabs into place and will not shut down - Even after closing the browser.

I don't know how many times I accidently closed a window I was working in when needing to go into another tab. So far it is working great.
Old March 11th, 2007, 04:04 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Nice find Dan. Handy little extension that's very useful and has been working fine on Minefield (3.0a3pre) for me for a little while now.

Either the author or AMO have restricted it to work between versions 2.0 to 2.0.0.* so I've bumped this copy of Permatabs 1.4.0 to work on Bon Echo, Minefield and Gran Paradiso as well. It won't work on 1.5.* though. Left click to install and right click to download.

Cheers
Old March 12th, 2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
was adding addon/extensions to my linux version of firefox and found one called PermaTabs. It will lock tabs into place and will not shut down - Even after closing the browser.

I don't know how many times I accidently closed a window I was working in when needing to go into another tab. So far it is working great.
Firefox will recover the working space (tabs and multiple windows) after a crash. You can make use of this feature as a permanent workspace saver by killing the firefox.exe task (a safe close won't restore the workspace).

Also, Tools->Options->Tabs->"Warn me when closing multiple tabs" will bring up a confirmation dialog before closing a window with multiple tabs in it.
Old March 12th, 2007, 01:39 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle128 View Post
Firefox will recover the working space (tabs and multiple windows) after a crash. You can make use of this feature as a permanent workspace saver by killing the firefox.exe task (a safe close won't restore the workspace).
If you do not use the Tab Mix Plus Extension (which has it's own Session Crash Save & Restore) and are using Bon Echo 2.0.0.2 or above (not sure about FF1.5+ ver's), open the about:config page and double click the boolean browser.sessionstore.enabled to true, and your last sessions will restore on opening.

That way you wont cause any damage by crashing the closing processes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

One to watch.....Secure Login

It is relatively new and is based upon/likened to Wand for Opera. Once installed and set up you can enter a forum (such as our esteemed one) with a single click. It is in the active testing/development stages and ver 0.5.2 is submitted to AMO. The author - madblueimp - has a thread going in the Mozillazine (extension release) Forum where vers 0.7.0.1 is currently avilable.

Last edited by keith.evans; March 13th, 2007 at 04:25 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 03:40 PM
CTH Subscriber

I know this thread was meant to be to show your favourite 5, but mine keep changing! Yesterday I tripped over this extension in the Mo'zine forums. It's called Forum Additive.

Basically, you enter your forum url and your nick and then all you have to do is right click the thread title (in the menu before you access the post) select Forum Additive in context menu and then select 'Monitor Thread' and then any time the thread changes, it notifies you! It also shows lots of data relating to the thread.

You Forum Freaks should take a look at this, it really is cool!

Tip. - To add a profile, right click the addy bar and copy url, use Options on the ext in Ext Manager, select 'Forums Profiles' and then Add Profile. You'll get a little pop-up in text area and then just paste the url & enter your nick.

Last edited by keith.evans; March 22nd, 2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old March 30th, 2007, 08:52 PM

Favorite addons...

I'm sure I get the most benefit from Adblock, but it's easy to overlook since it's automatic.

One of my most used extensions is PasteEmail - it's slightly miss-named because you can pre-define up to 15 text entries, and paste them into any box by using a right mouse click, and selecting your item from a list. Comes in handy with that 14 digit library card number and a few other commonly entered items.
Old March 30th, 2007, 08:59 PM

WOT,this is a cool website checker,feel safer when my kids are online cause they'll click on anything https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3456
Old April 16th, 2007, 06:23 PM

I was just wondering what's the best spell checker for Firefox 2.0. The new built in one doesn't work! Please help
Old June 20th, 2007, 02:03 AM

I like Ook?, well at least I use to before everyone switched over to flash players so you couldn't use it anymore
Old June 25th, 2007, 03:41 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
This one is great! Very handy.

"Makes every word on every page clickable, not just links. Select any text and choose a command: Search • References • Conversion • Translation • Shop • Blog • Tag • Email & more"

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1941

Watch the demo here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao8tWn8Gqis