Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old February 14th, 2009, 07:01 PM

Can connect to network but not internet

I can find and connect to my wireless network just fine, but can't connect to the internet on the wireless devices. I am connected (wired with router connected) to my desktop right now just fine too. I have a linksys router. I have reset my settings to the facotry settings on the router's web page but that didn't help. I'm assuming it has to be some settings. Can it still be my router if it's broadcasting my SSID? Please help! Thanks in advance!
Old February 18th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
It may be that even though you are getting a good wireless connection, you aren't getting an IP address assigned.

If you are using the default linksys setting you may be connecting to another linksys.
I suggest changing the SSID so you know which network is yours. You also should have encryption enabled, but you may want to wait till you get an unencrypted network working.

Can you run ipconfig/all while connected wirelessly and post the output back here?