Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old July 7th, 2007, 12:36 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Sorry El_Diablo but I'm out of ideas.
Old July 7th, 2007, 01:29 PM

I only have that problem when I exit some games (it'll turn my background to black). Have you tried calling the vista service line?
Old July 9th, 2007, 10:49 PM

I have finally decided to uninstall Vista and go back to XP. I have spent more time trying to get the thing working than actually using the damn PC! Not only did it not save my mouse settings but occasionally (3 or 4 times A WEEK) I had to re-install sound drivers on the motherboard.

Well over half the programs and games I used on my XP machine will not work on Vista. Vista does not like any program that is not microsoft, I am also fed up with windows defender blocking everything. Google Earth, torrents, blocks so many legit things as well. Sick of clicking Allow, Continue, Needs your permission..... Vista is so paranoid!!

Many thanks for the help on this forum, it was appreciated but I'll leave it, I'm going back to XP.

I knew I should have bought a Mac this time....
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:33 PM

Just before I uninstalled Vista I spoke with a friend of mine who is good with computers (but I didn't know!), he solved my mouse problem, this may help blugold as well. I pointed him to this thread and he spotted it straight away.
The problem was my anti spyware (superantispyware). I disabled realtime protection and it solved the problem. I re-enabled realtime protection and it resorted to default on reboot. I have now removed that program and installed spyware terminator, turned on realtime protection and it works, saves my mouse settings.

My friend's advice is check you have any realtime protection running because that can override any custom changes.

Hope that helps anyone else.
Old July 12th, 2007, 02:27 AM
CTH Subscriber

That's good to know El_Diablo. I knew that some security software caused this problem but I wasnt aware that SuperAntispyware was one of them. Thanks for the update.
Old July 16th, 2007, 03:47 AM

O/S: Windows Vista
Losing cursers fixed

I moved my downloaded/imported animated cursor file to a more appropriate directory and lost the animated cursors all together. Hmmmm. Copied the three cursors I use to the windows/cursor file. Now works. Probable cause of loss each shutdown was the sequence Windows uses. Ergo browse to where they are at and link to those. May have worked that way in XP (don't remember). But not in Vista.

Have to put them in the same pile as the those that comes with Vista.

Blugold
Old July 16th, 2007, 04:03 AM
CTH Subscriber

Very good and thanks for the update Blugold.