Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old November 22nd, 2017, 03:17 AM

Default Printer

My Win 7 Computer will not print /communicate with my HP Office jet 4632 wireless printer. I've selected it as the default printer but the computer will not accept it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. The computer will not take it as the default printer.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 03:48 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
First off,

Did it work when you first connected it up?

Did you connect something else to your wireless network,
after the printer was setup?

Here a support page from HP on wireless printer troubleshooting.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02790693

Signed: Ensign Tzap
Old November 23rd, 2017, 04:18 AM

Called tech support. 90 minutes later they said the problem was with the ISP and a "bad" IP address (attempting to use the wireless). Will see what they say tomorrow. Have a Happy Turkey day and thanks
Old July 11th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Banned

Unable to find the printer- OKI Printer Support

Try to do resolve this issue by restart computer, printer, and router. Then turn on the computer and printer, then install printer drivers and software. Then check the connection status between network and printer and run Print and Scan Doctor. Yet the problem is not resolved then visit our site to know the step by step procedure https://www.i am an idiot.calm
Old July 11th, 2018, 03:36 PM

I don't use my Canon printer wireless I use USB, but I remember when I first set it up I had all kinds of problems. After reading the instructions carefully I realized what I was doing it wrong. For some reason if you plug the printer in before installing the drivers windows would install its own generic drivers and afterwords the actual drivers that came with the printer would not install correctly. In the instructions I found I had to install the drivers before hooking up the printer and after that windows would find the correct drivers for the device and not install the generic ones. But If I remember correctly, just uninstalling the drivers from Device Manager and leaving the printer unplugged didn't fix the issue and I had to use System Restore to go back to a point prior to the initial installation to get it to work. I also had an Iomega zip drive which did the same thing I had to install the drivers before plugging in the zip drive and reboot. After the reboot the Iomega drivers installed correctly. It's probably not your issue, but if you still have your printers manual somewhere you might give it a peek.
Old July 11th, 2018, 04:21 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Date of original post.....

November 21st, 2017