Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old February 17th, 2004, 03:10 AM

need java to enable a chat

Hi again,

Today I've spent HOURS trying to log into a chat site and all I got was an empty image icon. Finally someone suggested I needed to load java into my computer (windows nt).... and although "I think I have it".. I tried to but the loading failed. Can you tell me how to verify that I have java loaded? Apparently I need some plug ins but I was directed to load the whole thing because it would take care of the problem. Is loading java, meaning JVM?

Thanks again.....
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:25 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
is the chat through yahoo? Anyway, check within msie, tools - internet options - advanced - and scroll down and make sure microsoft vm is selected
Old February 17th, 2004, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600
is the chat through yahoo? Anyway, check within msie, tools - internet options - advanced - and scroll down and make sure microsoft vm is selected
Greetings,

The chat is in a Tappedin platform. The vm is enabled as well as the site's technical robot establishes that I am all set-- but... I seem not to have the program loaded. I've since downloaded the program and get the saucer and dish icon. However I am wondering if there is a way to ascertain that one has the program loaded without having to load it again.

Best regards.
Old February 19th, 2004, 08:38 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lajaulavira
Greetings,

The chat is in a Tappedin platform. The vm is enabled as well as the site's technical robot establishes that I am all set-- but... I seem not to have the program loaded. I've since downloaded the program and get the saucer and dish icon. However I am wondering if there is a way to ascertain that one has the program loaded without having to load it again.

Best regards.
Have you tried the sun VM instead? http://java.sun.com
Old February 20th, 2004, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven.Bentley
Have you tried the sun VM instead? http://java.sun.com

Yes that is what I ended up doing.... installing it again. What I was trying to do was to get a file name for it and search for it on my computer instead of re-installing it. But I was told that when lacking plug-ins it is worth re-installing the whole thing. Which ultimately worked!