Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:14 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Annoying pop up when I start PC

Whenever I start my PC I get this annoying pop up that says:

"You're not connected to online Help, which shows you our latest content. Check your Internet connection, and then try to connect to online Help again. If you still see this message, the online Help service might be temporarily unavailable.

Why can't I get Help from this program?
The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows. However, you can download a program that will allow you to view Help created in the Windows Help format.

For more information, go to the Microsoft Help and Support website."

Anyone know what I could do to get rid of this.

Thanx

Jim
Old November 3rd, 2013, 01:14 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
This may have been installed without you knowing, when you installed something else, an easy way of other items being installed is when you let it install default options, which it tells you is best.
I have found in a lot of cases you can actually find the offending program in your add/remove programmes (or equivalent).
If not and it is a new message, can you revert to a back-up before the problem started.
Another thing to look at is what programme's or processes are running in Task Manager and if you know you have the right one tell it not to run or delete it.
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:21 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
How do I post a screenshot of my desktop.

Jim