Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:27 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Realtek High Definition Audio problem

I have a new Dell PC that has Realtek High Definition Audio. As best as I can describe it, while watching videos or in a game, it periodically and with no particular intervals of time, will momentarily (no more than a second) pause and I'll hear a buzz. It then carries on as if nothing had happened. There is no rhyme nor reason to when this happens. I don't believe this is a speaker problem because when I hear the buzz, the video or game pauses for the same length of time. I'm not even really sure it is the Realtek causing the problem. Possibly the video end of it?

I've tried updating the drivers but it says they are current.

While this problem isn't earth shattering, it is, none the less, annoying. Any ideas?
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Cache overloaded perhaps? Causing a temp reload of streaming media?

Download CCleaner from here. Click the downloaded file to start the install.

When you get to the Install Options display, I suggest you uncheck the bottom three selections, and also be sure to uncheck any Google install options.

Uncheck "View Release notes", agree to CCleaner reserving special cookies, then click Run Cleaner.

These preset cleaning options are considered safe, and will clear out any bogged down temp storage areas. HOWEVER, I seriously recommend against using any of the icon options you see on the left of the CCleaner display, especially the Registry option. These are not preset to only safely locate errors, and can accidentally remove important Registry entries and cause some problems that are very difficult to correct.

Then check to see if the buzz continues.