Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 21st, 2009, 07:26 AM

newly built PC new XP install-flashes blue error screen at boot & frequently crashes

Hi...newly built PC running new install of XP Pro service pack 3 either a 2.4 or 2.7 dual core CPU with 2 gigs of RAM 320 gig HD is flashing blue screen at boot that goes by so fast can't read the error message or code. And is frequently crashing. When system crashes it gets a strange opaque screen ,mouse unresponsive and have to either hit warm boot button or physically shut it off. after one od these crashes rebooting has problems seeing bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Tried to run drivermax to get the latest updated and best drivers but apon setting up the account process of getting auto responder email with activation code needed, it is timing out so the drivers at present are the originals from the motherboard disk. Don't know if this is relevant but when system has crashed Open Office.org was running crashed happened about 4-6 times. and AOL has been running. Sometimes with just the PC ideling...with AOL running, in a couple hours it will crash. and has to be manually shut down. or warm booted.

I ran an Avast boot scan and regular full scan with no infections found. but checked the past Avast virus log and said that a couple months ago that win32:Horst-AAE [trj] was detected.

Do you think I should run your malwarebytes and post a HiJack this log?

And is there a log file on here where I can see what the errors or cause is?

Please respond...I appreciate all your skill and knowledge.

Thank you in advance,
Greta
Old January 21st, 2009, 08:02 AM

oh ya...I also ran Registry Mewchanic 8 and it founf 118 problems and were fixed.

awaiting your advice.

Thank you,
Greta