Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old February 3rd, 2006, 03:18 PM

problems downloading using Rapdishare - suspect proxy servers problems - Help.

I got this problem with rapidshare. Ive noticed it been happening since Christmas.

Basically I can normally download from rapidshare as normal but since Xmas I get this message saying your IP 123.456.789 is currently downloading or have downloaded the file please wait 60 mins. The thing is I have not downloaded that file at all. This went on all through Xmas and by new year it was ok again, I could use rapidshare as normal. Now rapidshare giving me the same message.

Quote:
You have requested the file Remy_Ma-Theres_Something_About_Remy__-2006-R3D_INT.zip (67340385 Bytes). This file has been downloaded 78 times already.
IMPORTANT: Download-accelerators are only supported with a PREMIUM-Account!

Your IP-address 123.456.789 iis already downloading a file. You have to wait until it is finished.
Premium-accounts can download many files at the same time. Get your own PREMIUM-Account now. Instant access!
If you are not downloading anything, you are using a proxy-server or a shared IP-address. A Premium-Account solves this problem.
I have not downloaded this at all. So I check the FAQ and got this.

Quote:
Your system complaints about that I am already downloading files or that I have already downloaded too much. But I did not download anything! Whats wrong there?

Our system checks your IP-address in order to count the downloads. If you are getting this message and you really did not download anything, then you are using a proxy-server, which is used by other people as well. Even if you have no proxy-server set up in your configuration, there are many providers who force a transparent proxy-servers between you and the net. If you do not believe us, go to other pages telling you your IP-address (for example http://www.myipaddress.com.) But what can you do? You have to disable this proxy-server. If you are not able to disable the proxy-server, the only solution IS a Premium-account. Premium-users are recognized by cookies, not by IP-address. Unfortunately we cannot disable our IP-check, else people would download so much that we would have to close down this service completely. I hope you understand our situation in this matter.
Anyone know how I can change my proxy server or hide it so other people not stealing it. My proxy server setting is disable.

I dont get why sometimes Im able to download and sometimes Im not.

I suspect that my proxy server is used by other servers and my ISP hides the real proxy server and just gives out this proxy number to everyone on my ISP.

But thats just assuming, im not really that sure

Props if u can help.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 04:53 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

It is the IP of your ISP. ISP's use Proxy/Cache servers to link networks and speed up surfing.

There are different programs available to change your IP, but generally they will also slow you down and would not be good for downloading.

Search the forums and google for proxy server and anonymous surfing.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 05:10 PM

I have searched the net for solutions and from what I got it is the fact that my ISP gives me and other servers a transparent proxy-servers. Ie a IP that is used by all the servers.

I have no idea why my ISP is doing this and what benefits it has.

I am yet to find a solution to this.

getting a new IP wont help simply I can not find a working IP that last longer then 3 hours.