Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:11 PM

for display adapter it says standard vga graphics adapter but there is no network adapter
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:19 PM

display adapter is standard vga graphics adapter and there is no network adapter category
Old February 15th, 2013, 05:52 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
The site your downloaded from is not an official Microsoft site and the ISO image you downloaded may not be legal. Did you use the OEM Key you already had? Did it activate OK.

Your display adapter has not be installed or your network card drivers.

The HP Recovery Manager application, installed on the hard drive of HP Notebook PCs, can be used to recover the computer to its original operating condition. This would be the proper way to reinstall Windows 7 that came with the computer.

Turn on the power and press F11 to run recovery without starting Windows (on some models esc key and then F11 key ).

Step-By-Step

If the ISO worked and you used your OEM product key and it activated then you will need to install the network adapter driver and your Video driver.

The G72 has many model numbers. You can try
  1. In Windows, press the fn + esc keys on the notebook’s keyboard to open the HP System Information window.
  2. A Support Information window appears showing a product name and a product number. The product name shown might represent many types of models and is often not suitable for getting proper support for your computer. Instead, use the product number when working with HP Support. The product number contains a “# ” character and is another form of model number that best represents your computer’s configuration.
Also remove the battery and on the inside should be a label that may list the exact model number.

Since most of the G72 series uses the same driver, may look HERE check if it is Windows 7 32 bit or Windows 7 64 bit then find the graphics driver.
Your Network driver will depend on the exact model of the laptop.
Also on most HP under the Label on the bottom is a cover with two screws holding it on, remove the cover and you may find the exact model of the laptop.
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:46 PM

okay well when i press fn+esc nothing happens. but there is a label on the front of the laptop that says G72-B53NR Notebook is this my model number? and there is nothing on the label with a # on it
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:47 PM

my display is fixed now though. and i never entered my product key because it wasnt behaving properly so i was waiting until i had it worked out to do that
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:58 PM

i think im supposed to use the realtek drivers but neither of them gave me internet access with my ethernet cable after i installed them
Old February 15th, 2013, 05:16 PM

okay when i plug in the ethernet cable it give me a network adapter option and it says Realtel PCIe FE Family Controller and under that there is a "other" category and it says Network Controller and PCI Simple Communications Controller. and it says the drivers for them are not installed. i tried looking on HP and google but couldnt find anything with those names on it
Old February 15th, 2013, 05:39 PM

well i did a whole butt load of googling for the network controller and stuf and i think i got it workede on im on line and everything
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:49 PM

hey i forgot to mention thanks for your help., i appreciate it. entered my key and it activated fine thanks
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:59 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Glad yo got it sorted out.