Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:08 AM

Home Basic audio issues

Hello,
This is my first post, I own an Asus, and I've been having an issue with audio recently. In random tabs, or in random programs, the audio will stop working, randomly. I don't know what causes it, but when it happens to tabs, refreshing a few times makes the audio work again, and antivirus scans pick up nothing. Any ideas?
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

A belated welcome to CTH Umdieweld,

Asus systems are not widely known to have that effect. Let's get a detailed look at things.

If the system is Vista/Windows7, when running any of the scan files we use, be sure to right click the file, then select "Run as administrator" to start the scan/tool.

And To make sure you have an accurate view of files there, make sure you can View Hidden Files. Also uncheck "Hide Extensions for Known File Types"

To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs. Here are some antivirus disable tips if needed.

-------

Click here and download OldTimer's OTL to your desktop, then click that to open the scan display. At the top click "Scan All Users", then click "Run Scan". Make no other changes at this time.

When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are also saved in the same location as OTL.exe. Post the contents of those back here please.