Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old January 30th, 2013, 09:07 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
software available to find out password

If this software can change a forgotten password without logging in,is there an y point in using a password if it's this easy to bypass it
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
It seems to me it depends on who you're protecting the system from.

If it's friends and family, none of whom are computer experts but who have free access to your computer, a good password should suffice.

If it's a friend or member of your family who is expert in the world of password cracking and has free access to your computer, you're not going to secure the computer from them unless you take the hard drive out and store it in a secure place.

If it's cracking into the system from the outside (the net), good internet security is going to stop them unless they are truly expert, have a burning need to get into your computer and have plenty of time to do it.

No computer is totally, 100% crack-proof. It's all about how expert the person is who's trying to get in and how desperately they want what's on the hard drive.
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:48 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Thanks Mitz
My concern is bank details that I am concerned with