Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old March 1st, 2021, 09:07 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Toshiba Equium P300-16T Charging Question

The above laptop, purchased in 2008, has been sitting unused for a couple of years but I am now getting it working again to give to a young family member for school work post covid-19.

The battery had failed previously as far as I was aware so it could only be used on AC charge. I have bought two compatible replacement batteries. When I installed the first the charging light kept flashing continuously and even after 18 hours of charging the battery level was zero.

I then bought the 2nd battery (in case the first may have been faulty) and this has just been installed but this time the battery light is continous red.

I had to restore Windows to wipe the laptop but used the Windows restore not the Toshiba recovery. I have also now upgraded the laptop from W7 Home to W10 home.

I am unsure as to whether the battery light should be continuous during charge or flashing as I have no manual to refer to.

Also, am I correct in believing I have lost any Toshiba related software as a result of the restore/upgrade. If not, how do I locate it?

PLEASE IGNORE

Think I have resolved issue. New battery showing 100% charge and charging light out

Last edited by chris18; March 1st, 2021 at 10:45 AM.