Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old June 18th, 2004, 05:33 AM

Unhappy Connected to net but..................

After connecting to my ISP, I'm getting the following message when trying to check e-mail or browse the Net.

The host 'pop3.paradise.net.nz' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3.paradise.net.nz', Server: 'pop3.paradise.net.nz', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

It's only started playing up like this in the past few days & is doing this about 50% of the time, if I reboot the next connection is OK..............anyone have an idea what might be the cause ?
Cheers.
Old June 18th, 2004, 10:30 AM
CTH Subscriber

Have you contacted the ISP for help.It looks to me to be a bad connection or it is timing out...see if this is of any help.
http://www.w-media.com/index.cfm?GPID=57