Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old February 2nd, 2012, 03:12 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Thumbs down Intermittent Wireless Connection Slow

WinVista 64 bit Home Premium desktop
using Netgear Wg111v2 to connect to Verizon Fios Ultraslime 3 Internet gateway.
All other wireless devices are connected with no problem from laptops, ipods etc. I've tried disabling AVG and reinstalling adapter software, ipconfig commands to renew and flushdns.
I cannot stay connected to the network and when I am it's not stable and goes in and out and my speeds are super low. I've gone from 9.0mbps to .40mbps on download speed with this connection. Something isn't configured correctly I suppose. On my taskbar, I have the netgear wizard and the windows internet globe. My connection status shows 1,239,666 sent and 5,298,417 received yet my internet is at a crawl. Any help will be appreciated.