Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old April 22nd, 2021, 12:53 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Unhappy How to download/ save my own website asking as a Noob

Basically I can no longer afford my site. I want to keep it dearly but I cannot pay. I am a noob at this stuff but I want to download/ save the site so that when I can host I can just re-upload its contents. Preferably with out having to edit much, but I am not sure if that is possible. I just want to save as much stuff as possible without having to edit and build again.

I would just like someone to tell me as a noob how I could do it. I have heard that HATTrack and Wget are popular choices? But with either one I was hoping to find someone that can explain what to do exactly so I do not make a mistake! Do those programs save templates as well?

I would really appreciate any ideas, comments, or suggestions as my domain will be ending soon!
Old April 23rd, 2021, 04:29 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
How did you upload all your files? If it was through a FTP software, can't you simply download it through that? A few years ago I ran a little forum on a web host. I would upload everything through an FTP program called Filezilla. I would also download/back/up everything through Filezilla. Unless there's anything specific that wouldn't allow you to do that, I don't see why it should be a problem.
Old April 23rd, 2021, 10:37 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
As mentioned initially I am a noob so I am not very aware of what exactly FTP is.

When I built the site I believe I was building it through bluehost. It is a wordpress website that was being hosted by bluehost so between either one I guess I was uploading through one. I say bluehost because its the hosting platform?

Ive tried contacting bluehost but so far the support seems to be vague or not able to completely understand my question. There is a larger concern for me to renew and sell additional products than anything
Old April 24th, 2021, 12:29 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
I've never had my own website, but maybe this will help.
https://www.bluehost.com/blog/how-to...ordpress-site/
Old April 24th, 2021, 04:51 PM
CTH Subscriber

If IPR512's suggestion doesn't help, here's a Google search link that shows a list of "help" web pages, that describe how to back up your Wordpress site....

https://www.google.com/search?q=How+...4dUDCA4&uact=5
Old April 29th, 2021, 05:08 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nites2k View Post
I would really appreciate any ideas, comments, or suggestions as my domain will be ending soon!
Have any of the suggestions above, helped you at all? It would be nice to know, just in case anyone else has similar problems.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 06:44 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nites2k View Post
Basically I can no longer afford my site. I want to keep it dearly but I cannot pay. I am a noob at this stuff but I want to download/ save the site so that when I can host I can just re-upload its contents. Preferably with out having to edit much, but I am not sure if that is possible. I just want to save as much stuff as possible without having to edit and build again.

I would just like someone to tell me as a noob how I could do it. I have heard that HATTrack and Wget are popular choices? But with either one I was hoping to find someone that can explain what to do exactly so I do not make a mistake! Do those programs save templates as well?

This is not difficult if you use Firefox as your browser, (method is different with other browsers).
Navigate to your site, click the applications menu (three lines top right) Click save page as, (HTML) make a place to save it and you're done.
Old May 9th, 2021, 04:59 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
This is not difficult if you use Firefox as your browser, (method is different with other browsers).
Navigate to your site, click the applications menu (three lines top right) Click save page as, (HTML) make a place to save it and you're done.
Nites2k, Don't waste your time with the above "suggestion". These days there are very few "pure" HTML websites, and I doubt very much that Bluehost would have that type of web page on their servers, hence the reason for IPR512 and myself giving you the best suggestion/s under the circumstances. Even if you were to go by the above "suggestion", all you would be able to download is the coding, any pictures/images would be able to be downloaded. Also if your web page was built using a CMS or a blog system etc, there would be files needed to be download, that aren't seen through the above "suggestion". The links in the other posts above, give you very straight forward instructions, they really are easy to follow.
Old May 13th, 2021, 08:10 AM
CTH Subscriber

I bow to lufbra's superior intellect if not tact, take no notice of my feeble attempt to assist and good luck saving a copy of your site.
Old May 13th, 2021, 04:40 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
I bow to lufbra's superior intellect if not tact, take no notice of my feeble attempt to assist and good luck saving a copy of your site.
My post had nothing to do with "tact", I simply corrected your "feeble attempt to assist" (your own words) so the the original poster tried your "feeble attempt to assist", then wondered why it had done nothing for him. Perhaps in future, before jumping in and trying to help anyone, you did a little bit of research instead of posting what you "think" might be right. Maybe the other three forums you go to that are similar to CTH, accept "help" posts from you even though you know nothing about and haven't done any research. But that's not good enough here.
Old May 13th, 2021, 06:44 PM
CTH Subscriber

Not sure which three site you are talking about, I only use this handle here?

I would have suggested the OP use cPanel to download his files in file manager, but he did confess to being a noob and was looking for a simple solution, which my suggestion would have provided, by giving him a copy of the site on his own computer for later reference. Try it, you might be surprised.

Personally I use WinSCP for such actions, but I'm only an administrator of a web server not an insulting know-all.
Old May 14th, 2021, 05:18 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
not an insulting know-all.
You'd like to think you aren't, but the fact is you're reputation in this forum is quite disgusting towards other Members and Moderators. Calling anyone "an insulting know-all", makes you nothing more than a hypocrite....you're the last person to be calling anyone else such things.

Regarding the three forums that I mentioned and you denied using, even to the point of your posting, "I only use this handle here". Take a look at this This CTH Page......And have a read of this...

Quote:
That's why I don't go to those other places, I like it here just as it is.
Now read this...

Quote:
Just checked 3 other forums I visit and all have white screens.
You post one thing, then just a couple/few posts further down, you post the opposite. One of those posts is telling a lie. So going by that, how is anyone to believe you're being truthful with this statement of yours, "but I'm only an administrator of a web server"?

I'm done with this post thread, you aren't worth wasting anymore time on.
Old May 14th, 2021, 11:21 PM
CTH Subscriber

Visiting a site to read the content and posting on it are two different things.

And what is your problem? Why the aggression?

I'd love to stay and have a battle of wits with you, but you're unarmed.