Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old January 29th, 2024, 02:43 AM

Well-well, I see my last post in this thread was a fair bit ago and I very much appreciate that the staff here did not lock the thread.

I'm still very much into gathering data and testing all manner of activities that relate to browsers and I have allowed that studying to open a gate off the 'Browser Study Highway' onto another side street, that might receive a category of 'Highway' later; if time allows.

But defining (by name) that "side street" is a further question. Give me time, please. Or simply ignore me and spare me the insults. Maybe I am using harsh vocabulary when I view some of the comments posted already as "insults" but . . . Well, being in my eighth decade of life it is easy to be insulted and if you are not in that upper bracket of being an aged human you'd not understand what I just wrote. And you shouldn't try, if you are down in the younger years in your life. Well, unless you are a medical professional. Then it would be a professional attempt to understand, but you may still not succeed.

Anyway, I have not lost sight of this browser topic. In fact, I have since the start of this thread gathered solid evidence that money has a lot to do with browser upgrades. Nothing at all wrong with that, but it should be more out in the open and not hidden behind a security curtain, as if security is the only reason for the upgrades; and that security is the only reason some site owners simply won't let you use a certain browser to get on their site.

I hope I haven't made anyone angry with this latest post.
Old February 6th, 2024, 06:31 AM

The main reason I like IE6 so much and am trying so hard to stay with it is because

1) I can do what I want to do as far as play flash/java games//
2) I KNOW ITS NOT SPYING ON ME like newer stuff does........