Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:20 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
UAC problems

ok so i made the change to vista home premium for xp home still gettng used to it but enjoying it so far. except i have a problem

The UAC ferature is blocking everything for example game updates,installing software, and not giving me the option to allow it like it should so i have turbed it off. just wondering what risk if any this put me?

Thanks

ELMO
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:22 PM

o also how do i get rid of the secrity alert tellng me i have UAC turned off in the notification box?
Old September 7th, 2007, 06:20 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi #ELMO#. Have a look here and here.

If after reading the above information, you are still determined to leave UAC disabled, see here for help in disabling the popup.
Old September 7th, 2007, 07:22 AM

thank you for the reply anne marrie, i would like to use the UAC its there for a reason i sure.if i can getting to work, i will try the right click and run as admin to see how it work

much appreciated

ELMO
Old September 7th, 2007, 07:40 AM
CTH Subscriber

You are very welcome ELMO.
Old September 8th, 2007, 08:28 AM

yes that worked like a charm ann marie, thanks you again for the advice

ELMO
Old September 9th, 2007, 05:15 AM
CTH Subscriber

That's good news and thanks for the update.
Old September 21st, 2007, 01:57 PM

ok it works with everything so far except when i tryed to install my new modems software,i says the "you do not have adminstraor rights" so i went to right click run as admin on the dvd drive it had no option there for that in there, any idears on that one

thanks
Old September 22nd, 2007, 02:36 AM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
ok it works with everything so far except when i tryed to install my new modems software,i says the "you do not have adminstraor rights"
Hi #ELMO#. Is the software Vista compatible? Check on the Vendor's site to make sure that an update has not been released before installing.

You could probably explore the contents of the disk and run the setup program as Admin but in this case I think these easiest option would be to disable UAC, install the software, get it up and running and then re-enable UAC.