Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old August 6th, 2008, 12:18 AM

Audio filtering software?

Hi everyone

I went to a concert recently and took a bunch of videos, except when I play them back on my computer there is a loud thumping bass noise...Does anyone know of any programs I could use to filter this sound out?

Thanks!
Old August 6th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Linux
Hi and welcome to CTH.
You can try to filter the bass out using audio editing tools (noise reduction and equalisation) but generally you will find the results unpleasant.
The problem is, to remove the sound at the frequency of the bass thump, you will also remove any other sound in that frequency range, resulting in the music sounding tinny.

I use http://www.goldwave.com/ personally.