Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old February 7th, 2008, 08:15 AM

Exclamation Error Message Problem!

Hi All,

I am experiencing extreme difficulties with my Broadband connection. I am running Vista Home Basic and using a Thompson Speedtouch 330.

I have been with my ISP (Tiscali) for nearly a year and have had no problems. After no system changes, I started to get the Error Message "721." The remote computer is not responding, I know this tends to be a network problem so I wasn't worried and assumed it would be back up in a while.

A few days later no change, checking the website I found this help page:

http://uk-tiscali.custhelp.com/cgi-b...i=&p_topview=1

After following this advice to the letter, resetting the resetlog.txt did not help, uninstalling and reinstalling the modem with the latest Vista drivers did not help. I also contacted Tiscali and they suggested all of the above and then told me they would get back to me, this hasn't happened.

Mean while trying various things, a system restore to before the problem began, trying different drivers etc, I am still getting the error 721 message.

I thought that I would see if I could run and install the modem on another computer, just to try and source the root of the problem

I used to Tiscali disc, began to install the software and drivers on a computer running XP SP2 and to my horror it worked perfectly. Full Internet connection, perfect working modem.

What I need to know is what can cause the Error Message 721 when it is not a network problem? And is there anyway to sort it out?

It is clearly a computer problem, and a recent one at that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!