Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old January 31st, 2007, 01:46 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Question secunia? - moved by Tom

I've updated all my programs,but this still shows a few things in my 'puter from the old macro flash...both 6 & 8.It seems tho' they are only in the windows system 32..can I delete these,or must I simply leave them alone?
I can find no trace of the old versions anywhere else................
Old January 31st, 2007, 01:56 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Can you explain more and please post an HijackThis log so i can look what you mean: The latest version of HijackThis can be downloaded from the below link
Old January 31st, 2007, 10:37 PM

what??

well shoot..what do you need that for?? Do I have a bug or something?

I have simply updated my flash to the latest one..and there are traces of the old 6 & 8 showing when I do the secunia scan..........only place they show are in the windows system 32 folder....can't I delete these??Sorry for being so 'puter savvy.......can't I copy the secunia scan and you could see from that what I mean............
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:00 PM

why do you do that??

OK..why do you answer and then let me hang for 2 days??? Hmmmm...did you just for get me??You're too young to forget,so maybe you'll remember me today???
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:50 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
You won't get much help replying like that. Remember this is a public forum, not paid technical assistance. I suggest contacting Adobe if thats what you want.

Can you start from the beginning and say exactly what your problem is. All I gathered from your posts were that you have remnants of old versions of Macromedia Flash still on your computer. Did you try deleting them to see if there would be an issue? You could always restore them if there was. And if its not causing a problem, isn't there an ignore feature built into secunia scan?
Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:51 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

As this is not an issue with infection I will move this request to the CTH Applications forum. However, for future reference Redapple, make sure you are familiar with these guidelines in relation to requests posted in the Cyber Safety forum.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 06:02 PM

just.....

oh really..I am just kidding! This isn't an important issue like most I see in here,so it's no big deal.I noticed the guy who answered is only 18,which makes me feel very inept on the 'puter....I was just kidding...............

I am simply asking if I can delete the old version of macro flash 6 & 8....secunia tells me they're in the windows system 32 folder.................

Sorry if I sounded angry.........
Old February 2nd, 2007, 08:56 PM
Banned

That's strange the new version didn't overwrite those files in the System32 folder.
Best answer I can give you is to delete them, they'll go to the recycle bin, and see if Flash works. If so delete them from the recycle bin, if not restore.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 02:34 PM

Thanks...

Thanks ..I have deleted both from the folder,and all seems to be working.