Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 10th, 2004, 12:10 AM

Bsod!!

I got a BSOD error that says Check Adequate disk space which is fine i have 80 gb's left and also said try changing video adapter when i went device manager and display 2 video cards showed up Radeon 9800 pro and Radeon 9800 pro Sec i dont know why their is 2 and one's a secondary, the BSOD also said that i should try disabling caching and shadowing in bios memory option please help. Whenver i play counter strike my game freeze up and i need to pull the plug to restart. can anyone help me?
Old August 10th, 2004, 01:21 AM

BSOD for Smoked

"I got a BSOD error that says Check Adequate disk space which is fine i have 80 gb's left and also said try changing video adapter when i went device manager and display 2 video cards showed up Radeon 9800 pro and Radeon 9800 pro Sec i dont know why their is 2 and one's a secondary, the BSOD also said that i should try disabling caching and shadowing in bios memory option please help. Whenver i play counter strike my game freeze up and i need to pull the plug to restart. can anyone help me?"

Check and make sure you have an updated ATI driver, that is all I can really tell you now without actually seeing it.

Last edited by Aceswild; August 10th, 2004 at 01:24 AM.
Old August 10th, 2004, 01:24 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
It's nice you are able to help him. Smoke, let us know what happens.
Old August 10th, 2004, 01:25 AM

If that doesn't work then tell me exactly what is going on and I'll try and think of something that might be causing it, but like I said, that is the best I can do without actually seeing it.
Old August 10th, 2004, 05:29 PM

i think it might be my internet or something, because i have to restart to get my internet back up, i recently was playing and it happend i started to lagg or i thought it was video card but it seemed like lagg so i exited and went to my other programs all got kicked off the internet and i went back to a program and it said that it couldnt steam tcp/ip so i restarted and my internet was fine. i think there might be a bunch of problems not just 1 because i dont understand why when i leave my computer on over night, it would freeze the screen to black when i go to get back on it
Old August 10th, 2004, 09:08 PM

Do you have an updated ATI driver?