Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old August 27th, 2015, 02:58 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Unhappy Win 10 and NAS = issue?

I cannot seems to be able to see nor find my NAS drive with Win 10 Explorer. It's slightly more complicated than that too. I CAN see and map the NAS drive with the Synology Assistant software, but it wants me to sign in twice in order to do so. I can only map one drive at a time or the same software wants me to sign out of the first drive prior to continuing. I can then see the drive as a "THIS PC" drive or folder in Explorer but still not in "Networks".

I wish to use Asset on my PC as a server software for serving my NAS music to my Stereo renderer, but Asset cannot see the drive at all.

I have many parts to my Network but it used to all work fine. I reinstalled Win 7 a couple of months ago and the trouble started then. Now on Win 10, there is no difference.

PC, Win 10 Home, intel i7-4790, 8gb ram, 64 bit
Router (supplied by Telus)
Switch (TP Link gigabit)
Switch (ASUS gigabit)
NAS - Synology DS213, DSM 5.2-5592 Update 3
I easily have about 20+ things (phones, tablets, stereos, BBQ , etc.) on my network at home.
Most of the network is wired and only tablets and phones use the wi-fi.
Old October 17th, 2015, 05:38 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Anyone?