Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old December 27th, 2007, 04:55 AM

Unhappy I can't get my kids games to work

I bought a new apple computer and some games for my kids and I can't get them to work. I am so computer illiterate or something like that. UGH! Help. I put the game in, a little icon comes on the screen, I click on it, then a screen comes up with different files from the game, like ones that say (autorun & setup), I click on them but I get a popup that says it can't be open. I think I have selected the wrong thing to open my games and I don't know how to fix it. Sometimes I'll put in a game or download something and it will ask me to choose an application to open it, but how am I supposed to know what to pick and when I pick something it never works! I'm lost! Please help.
Old December 27th, 2007, 08:56 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
What operating system are you running on your Mac (Windows or Mac OS X), and what games have you bought/downloaded?

See, games made for PCs (Windows, DOS, and most distributions of Linux) aren't compatible with Mac computers and/or Mac OS. If you bought a game in a store, there's a 99.9% chance it won't run on Mac OS. You need to either buy games made for Mac OS (if which your choices are very, VERY limited); or, you need to run Windows on your Mac (if you have an Intel processor-based Mac).

Last edited by oracle128; December 27th, 2007 at 09:13 AM.