Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old December 5th, 2007, 03:30 AM

Trojan Dropper/startdrv.exe

Hello, I have the startdrv.exe file and I cannot delete it. Spy Hunter, Spyware Doctor and SpyBot-S& D all detect it but it regenerates itself at boot. Help
Old December 6th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Hello thevinman66,

Welcome to CTH. Unfortunately, as SpyHunter is one that has been listed here in the past, it is not among the more trusted or desirable softwares to have or use on systems. But let's see what all is loaded there and take it from there.

Please download HijackThis from Here. Then click on the downloaded file to install HijackThis. After it is installed open HijackThis and select Do a system scan and save logfile. Use copy/paste and post that log back here for review.

Also go Here and download Silent Runners to your desktop. Run it, and post back here the log it creates. If your AV queries the script, allow it to run. It's not malicious. It will create a file named Startup Programs, and will notify when the scan is complete. Copy the log from the Startup Programs file back here. You can use separate posts here if needed.