Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old November 16th, 2005, 01:58 AM

power supply dead or dieing?

Hi!
I had started my question under Windows XP but now I see this is not an operating system problem but a hardware problem.

This started out with the computer booting into Windows then turning off. The computer would then start. The other day I turned on the computer and got into bios. I set it to seek the floppy only. I saved and exited and the computer turned off. It turned on and turned off, turned on after a few seconds and then off, etc. I unplugged the power supply cord because I couldn't turn it off. I unplugged the harddrive. The plan was to go back into bios. After unplugging the harddrive, I plugged the computer in and the keyboard. I pushed the button to turn it on but nothing. A few minutes later, it turned on then off. This is when I thought the power supply may be the culprit.

What do you think?

Jill84
Old November 16th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Banned

Sure sounds like psu to me
Old November 18th, 2005, 06:40 AM

Thanks, Rich!
Now all I have to do is get my son to get a psu. Details! Details!
Jill84
Old November 18th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Banned

Let us know the end result.....we care.