Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old May 5th, 2005, 07:08 PM

Hard drive making me mad.

Ok. I was trying to fix my dvd drive (sony dvd rw DW-D22a) because it says "Incorrect Function" and wouldnt read or write dvds.

i uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and still didnt work.

then out of nowhere my G drive (my 200g seagate harddrive) had its name changed to "Local Disk G:" ( it used to be FTC-186) And when i try to open it it says it needs to be formatted.

Wth is going on?? Im pretty nub when it comes to these problems.. anyone know a solution? The files on there are really important to me and i really dont want to format.

PLEAASE help!!

Im running Windows xp sp1, my main hd is 100g PATA and the 200g with the problem is SATA, ive been runninig it in legacy mode just fine for a long time, this is really random and frustrating

any suggestions welcome..