Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old July 20th, 2004, 11:33 PM

Is full screen possible from the get go?

When I open web pages they are little and I have to click on the maximize button for full screen. Can I tell my computer to open everything in full screen somehow? Verbally telling it is not working, plus its making my dog look at me funny.
Thanks,
Sky
Old July 20th, 2004, 11:57 PM

you can try this --
http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm
it's a very small utility..........or

• Open a single Internet Explorer window to the smaller size.
  • Drag the corners of the window until it completely fills the screen. Do not use the maximize button to enlarge the window.
  • Hold down the Ctrl key, keep it depressed, and using the mouse click File and then Exit on the menu bar. Do not use the "X" in the upper right corner to close the window.
  • Internet Explorer should now open in a full window.
  • If it still opens to a smaller size repeat the above instructions, substituting the "Shift" key for the "Ctrl" key.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertol
you can try this --
http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm
it's a very small utility..........or

• Open a single Internet Explorer window to the smaller size.
  • Drag the corners of the window until it completely fills the screen. Do not use the maximize button to enlarge the window.
  • Hold down the Ctrl key, keep it depressed, and using the mouse click File and then Exit on the menu bar. Do not use the "X" in the upper right corner to close the window.
  • Internet Explorer should now open in a full window.
  • If it still opens to a smaller size repeat the above instructions, substituting the "Shift" key for the "Ctrl" key.
I was looking for a solution to the very same problem.

Thanks
Old August 9th, 2004, 11:08 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllskycrylll
When I open web pages they are little and I have to click on the maximize button for full screen. Can I tell my computer to open everything in full screen somehow? Verbally telling it is not working, plus its making my dog look at me funny.
Thanks,
Sky
I used to have that problem all the time until I downloaded a program called IE New Window Maximizer from www.jiisoft.com. No longer a problem.

Ric