Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old January 31st, 2009, 08:12 PM

Trouble installing Vista with new comp. plz help!!? (moved from Vista)

ok so i built a new computer yesterday and when i try to install the windows vista its says "disk boot failure. Insert system disk and press enter". so i researched it and i found out that in the bios i had to make the hard drive boot first. I put hard drive as the first boot sequence then the cd rom but when i try to install vista the same thing happens again. i tried many configurations in the bios but to no avail Plz help!!!
Old February 9th, 2009, 05:21 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 11
Hi Mozez101 welcome to Cyber Tech Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozez101 View Post
i try to install the windows vista its says "disk boot failure. Insert system disk and press enter"....i found out that in the bios i had to make the hard drive boot first.
You make the CD-ROM boot first not the hard drive. Vista is on a DVD and it has to boot to start the installation process.

Also when it installs it will reboot the computer a few times, DO NOT select to "Press any key to boot CD...".
You only do that the very fist time to start the install process. Just let that "Press any key to boot CD..." go by
on it's own and the computer will automatically look for the hard drive to boot from as next choice to boot from.

Leave CD-ROM(or DVD) as the first boot selection in the BIOS. Only if a bootable CD/DVD is in the drive will a prompt
to "Press any key to boot CD..." go by during boot up.
If you leave the keyboard alone five dots will come up and after #5 the computer will continue on it's own booting up normally.