Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows 98

Notices

Windows 98 Problem solving for the Windows 98 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old June 2nd, 2003, 08:16 AM

Full screen mode won't work with anything

The full screen mode will not work with any application. Real, KaZaa, Windows media player, ect. Can someone help me?
Old June 2nd, 2003, 04:41 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
If you're referring to a black border around all windows, making them look like they're not using the entire screen, that's a monitor adjustment issue. Use the buttons or dial (depends on the monitor) to adjust the horizontal and vertical size to use all available screen space.

If you mean that none of the programs will open full screen when you click on their shortcut (icon), then right click on that shortcut, go to "Propertiies" and select "Normal" next to "Run," click OK. If that doesn't do it, go back and select "Maximized" and click OK.

If neither of these apply to your problem, please post back with more details about what you mean by "won't work." Do they fail to open at all? Do they open and then immediately close? Do they open and then give you an error message when you try to do something within the program?
Old June 2nd, 2003, 10:06 PM

sorry about the details

When I open windows media player everything is fine. All of the programs open to full screen fine. It's only when a play a video on my real player, Kazaa, and Windows media player. When I click on the button that is supposed to make it full screen the sound stops for a second or two the picture stays the same size and moves to the top left hand corner of the screen. The background goes black and then everything goes back to how it was, except for now the video is being shown in the top left hand corner of the application. If you can get back to me I'd appreciate it. Thank you.