Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:57 AM

Thumbs down POST Failure - Constant Restarting

Hi guys, having to come to you from an alternate computer *sigh* as i've encountered an error on my own machine which i cannot work out?!?!

Was playing WoW today and needed to restart the computer because i encountered some heavy graphics lag.

Restarted, and now the computer does not boot to POST.

I dont know about others, but when i restart my computer normally the small carbon speaker makes like a "duh" sound signalling restart BEFORE it does the standard POST 1 beep "all ok".

All i am recieving now is a machine which is hung on boot constantly going duh duh duh, which to me indicates it is constantly restarting and failing before it even gets to POST.

PSU - Antec 300W True Power
MB - Gigabyte 8I915P Duo Pro
Ram - 1024mb Kingston DDR2 533
HDD - 3x 160gb + 1x 320gb
CPU - 3.2 P4 OC to 3.6 (Have had it OC'd for close to a month now and this is the first sign of a problem :-s)

Have tried removing the onboard battery to reset the CMOS but am not even sure if that has worked.
Have disconnected and reconnected all the wires etc for each component to no avail.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Old March 7th, 2007, 06:08 PM

look at the power supply,do you have another one you can swap in